Friday, April 20, 2012

YUM!

So, I got inspired to make a special treat this week:  chocolate peanut butter cups and, oh my, are they delicious and easy to make.  I made them with "help" in under 20 minutes and the results are so, so good.  I made a few substitutions from the recipe given in this link  http://www.nobigdill.com/2012/03/homemade-peanut-butter-cups.html (i.e. ritz type crackers for graham crackers, which made the PB center saltier but that offset the sweet of the chocolate, so it worked well for us).  I also made them in mini muffin cup papers, and as I did not have a mini muffin cup pan I just used 4 or 5 papers to add sturdiness and it worked perfectly.
Seriously, these are so much better than the ones you buys and the possibilities for how you tweak them to your tastes are endless--think of it as a mini chocolate canvas awaiting your inspiration...
Convinced?