Friday, May 11, 2012

My Birthday Dinner

We celebrated my birthday this past week--although youngest Imp insists it would be better if it was time for her birthday. =)  I let her help open some presents as a warm-up for her day in June (and the eldest two also helped because, well, it was easier that way!). The biggest gift by far was Husband Dear's contribution to make the day special--one of my favorite Cuban dishes for dinner and dessert (and I got to watch a movie with the kids while he prepared it--fabulous!).

It starts with the details--husband dear wins big here, he made homemade Cuban bread.  I know, I know, I have an awesome husband!
 And it just gets better, because then he used that delicious bread as the base for Huevos Rancheros--which I rapidly consumed it was so good!  He also made a molten chocolate cake, which I unfortunately didn't get a good picture of, but it was delicious!  All in all it was a great day--and husband dear promised he'd do it again...in one year. =)