Sunday, February 23, 2014

Desert

Husband Dear is channeling Duck Dynasty..."Desert Style."

 We had a chance to take a trip as a family out to the desert before the weather warms up too much and I had the opportunity to go dune bashing!  Of course we added in some educational aspects--constellations, animal tracks, patterns in nature.  And I actually saw a shooting star!

The sand is beautiful here, but extremely hard to climb--gives you a whole new perspective about crossing any distance of it on foot!  The Dune Bashing was fun, until the end when we went down this crazy tall dune and I looked out and realized how "vertical" we were sliding down the sand...
I was hanging on to the seat with all my might, so no pictures of this part of the experience, you'll just have to take my word for it--or come see for yourself! =)