Sunday, February 23, 2014

Into the Wadi

This was part two of our trip to the desert, a visit to the wadi (that had just recently received lots of rain--adding a whole new level of challenge and fun to our trip =)).

My man in action. =)  This area was actually used for a cliff diving event at one point (but from a platform higher up).
 Still it was a pretty good distance, more than I needed to try out at that point in our trip (I climbed a waterfall (crazy!) and jumped from another ledge later) all with Husband Dear cheering me on.  He likes to remind me of my adventurous side. =)
Part of our hike included walking on/along/in the irrigation system that has been used here for hundreds of years.
The views were incredible and far beyond any pictures I can take; the hike was challenging and rewarding and a good time was had by all. =)  Can't wait to do it again sometime!