Friday, August 12, 2011

What am I going to do

With this one?

She is four going on fourteen.  She is destined for leadership--perhaps dictatorship.  She is a little mama, always trying to take care of others (or tell them what to do), but beneath it is a sweetness.  She really does want others to be happy in her care.  She can talk and talk and talk and make up songs on the fly.  I hear myself, I see myself in miniature sometimes.  But then there is some of her father to balance it all.  She often reminds me that she wants to take pictures like Daddy, because she loves to take pictures like him.  She actually took this one on our trip.  And I believe she helped with this one too, because, "Tai wanted a picture of the sky where we live--I promised him that I would take a picture of the sky."

Lately she's been planning her birthday--it's still three months away.  Daily we talk about what cake she will have, maybe what presents--I thought it just fun and games, a way to pass the time, till she told some friends today what they could bring to her party (in three months), yikes!  She's also planning on inviting our friends' neighbor's cat.  Her father pointed out that it is somewhat impolite to invite people's pets and not the actual people to a party, to which she replied that she intended on inviting the people too she just didn't know their names yet.  Now is that advance planning, or what?  Look out world is all I've got to say!